The Columbia Public Schools Foundation (CPSF) was founded in 1996 on the premise that every child needs a strong foundation. Created as an endowment for Columbia’s youth, CPSF supports quality programs that directly and positively impact student learning.
CPSF is an independent, not-for-profit organization governed by a board of directors.
- Enhance academic excellence in public schools by providing funding available through public sources
- Expand learning opportunities for all our children
- Stimulate creativity and innovation
- Enrich schools’ basic curriculum
- Encourage the community and business involvement in the public schools
Sometimes people wonder why extra funding is needed since our public schools are supported with tax dollars. The simple truth is that those tax dollars barely cover “fixed overhead” such as salaries, benefits, utilities, transportation and maintenance. There are few dollars left to invest in innovative teaching materials and experiences; sometimes even important basics such as library books aren’t adequately funded.
That’s why your donation to CPSF makes a difference for students.